Enrichment Program Rules
By enrolling your child in Enrichment, you acknowledge that this a PTA Committee and is a volunteer-run program by parents. Therefore you agree to strictly adhere to the program rules and provide a reasonable amount of patience and understanding to operations of the program.
Parents or guardians are required to agree to this Enrichment Program Rules to complete registration.
Payment and Refund Policy
- No refunds for Enrichment classes. Once you register, pay and receive an email confirmation of enrollment, there is no opportunity to drop classes or change classes or transfer classes to another child. In the event of over-enrollment, the child will be placed on a wait list. You will be notified by before the start of classes if your child has a placement from the wait list.
- Enrichment payment covers all sessions for the term. No refund for missed classes if your child is absent from a class for any reason.
- All classes must be paid in full at time of registration. Payment is made with a credit card online or with a check or money order made to "Cordero PS37 PTA" (no cash). The PTA Enrichment Program is not able to issue refunds.
- Please do not enroll your child in two soccer or yoga classes a week (for example, do not register your child for both the Weds and Thurs 3pm classes). Soccer and Yoga are the highest demand class so please be considerate of the parents who would like a spot for their child.
- Please do not enroll your child in 3pm and 4pm classes on the same day.
Missed and Make-up Classes
- Classes will not be held on days that school is not in session (for example, holidays or other days off from school), early release days, report card evenings when CASPER is not in session, or other emergency school closings. See Calendar that indicates specific dates that enrichment will be held.
- Students may not attend enrichment on days they are absent from school.
- In the event of an emergency school closing (for example, inclement weather or other unforeseen occurrence), Enrichment will be canceled for that day. Every attempt will be made to notify the Emergency Contact regarding the cancellation. There are no refunds for classes canceled due to weather or emergencies if a make up class is not possible.
- One week at the end of the Enrichment class period devoted to make-up classes. These make-ups are only scheduled in case of weather, JCBOE developments, or vendor absence/cancellation. Parents will be notified as quickly as possible in the event this happens. Please note, if a child cannot attend the make-up class, we still cannot offer refunds. In the event a second class is missed by no fault of the vendor (meaning because of district closure or weather event) we will not make pro-rated refunds or be able to offer additional make-ups. Our vendors depend on a certain level of payment for their classes and we cannot hold them accountable for emergency school closure or acts of nature if it affects two or fewer classes. Anything beyond two class cancellations will be reviewed and we will do our best to be fair to all concerned.
- For 3:00 classes: Upon school dismissal at 2:45, students will be escorted to the auditorium by school staff. Students will remain in the auditorium until class starts at 3:00. Parent and student assistants will then escort the students to class. Parents do NOT need to pick their children up from school and drop them off at the after school class. Students are welcome to bring snacks to eat between 2:45 and 3:00, if desired.
- For 4:00 classes: Parents of non-CASPER students are responsible for dropping their child off at class. CASPER students will be escorted from their CASPER classroom to class by a parent volunteer or instructor. All preK 3 classes require the parent or guardian to remain present with the child for the full duration of the class. Parents and guardians are responsible for their own child during the instruction time.
- If your child does not attend CASPER: You are required to pick up your child promptly at dismissal time. 3pm classes dismiss from the Auditorium at 3:45pm; 4pm classes dismiss from the Auditorium at 4:45pm. The parent volunteers have a dismissal sheet that parents/caretakers must initial before leaving with their child.
- Please be respectful of volunteer's time. There is limited oversight of children after classes have ended. Failure to pick up your child on time may result in dismissal from the program. Two late pick-ups constitute the termination of my child from the Enrichment Program.
- If your child attends CASPER: At the end of Enrichment class, CASPER students will be escorted back to their CASPER classroom.
- Parents will be notified if their child is disrupting the class. The parent will have the choice to attend onsite with the child or dismissal from the program. After two notifications are made, the child will need to be dismissed from the program or a reasonable alternate arrangement made. There is limited capacity to work with children who require additional attention.
- All students must abide by the Jersey City Public School “Student Code of Conduct.” Any infraction will result in a suspension and/or termination. If your child is suspended/terminated, he/she will not be allowed to enroll in subsequent sessions.
- Request respectful interactions and communication between Enrichment volunteers, vendors and the parents/guardians/care providers
- Notify the Enrichment Program of any changes in record immediately (i.e., change in work/mobile/home phone number, change in appointed designee, change in emergency number, change in CASPER status, etc.) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Participants must be PTA members to enroll your child(ren) in Enrichment. Join PTA here!
- In allowing my child to participate in the Cordero Enrichment Program, I agree that, to my knowledge, he/she has no limiting physical conditions or disability that would preclude participation, he/she does so at his/her own risk, is voluntarily participating in these activities, assumes all risk of injury, and I agree to release and discharge the Cordero Enrichment Program, Cordero School PS #37, JCPS, and Enrichment Program Vendors from any and all claims now and in the future or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of Enrichment and/or Club Vendors’ negligence.
- All equipment is provided by vendors. Gym shoes are required for soccer and tennis classes.